If you see a red exclamation mark in your project under the PROJECT SECTIONS sidebar to the left, this indicates that a specification has been updated since the last time you edited your specification, and it is now out of date. Don't worry, we have a quick and easy solution that will get you back to project specifying in no time.
If the specification has been updated, simply do the following:
- Look at the PROJECT SECTIONS sidebar to the left of your project.
- Click on the section that is being affected (in the below example, Blockwork).
- Click the blue Add Updated Spec button next to the outdated specification(s).
The Add Updated Spec button will add the latest version of that specification from Smartspecs database but it won't delete the old specification. You can check which is the most recent by the Last Modified date.
We keep both versions of the specification in your project to allow you to choose which one you want to keep - you may have made multiple custom edits to the original version and it'd be very annoying if we deleted that without giving you the chance to review those changes.
- This is the original specification
- This is the latest version of the specification that was added when you clicked the Add Updated Spec button
Still having trouble? Get in touch with us.