If you see a red exclamation mark in your project under the PROJECT SECTIONS sidebar to the left, this indicates that a specification has been deactivated by Smartspec since the last time you edited your project, and should be replaced with a supported specification. Don't worry, we have a quick and easy solution that will get you back to project specifying in no time.
If the specification has been deactivated, this means we no longer support this specification at the manufacturers request. We advise that you swap the specification for an alternative one that is supported and updated by Smartspec, to do so, do the following:
- Look at the PROJECT SECTIONS sidebar to the left of your project.
- Click on the section that is being affected (in the below example, Carpentry).
- Choose from the list of available supported specifications using the drop-down button
- Click the blue Add Supported Spec button.
The Add Supported Spec button will add the latest version of that specification from Smartspecs database but it won't delete the old specification. You can check which is the most recent by the Last Modified date.
We keep both versions of the specification in your project to allow you to choose which one you want to keep - you may have made multiple custom edits to the original version and it'd be very annoying if we deleted that without giving you the chance to review those changes.
- This is the original specification
- This is the new specification that was added when you clicked the Add Supported Spec button
Still having trouble? Get in touch with us.